Amid the torrent of frustrating news arriving from Italy, the world's worst affected country by the emerging virus Corona virus in terms of deaths, a "good news" was finally spotted.
Sources reported that the number of new infections in the northern Italian region of Lombardy has halved, on Monday, for the first time since the outbreak in the European country.
It is noteworthy that the region of Lombardy has the largest number of injuries in Italy.
On Sunday, Italian officials said that the total number of deaths due to the spread of the epidemic in the country increased 651 cases in one day, to 5476 cases, recording an increase of 13.5 percent, but less than on Saturday, when 793 deaths were recorded.
The Civil Protection Authority said the total number of cases in Italy increased from 53,578 to 59,138, an increase of 10.4 percent, the smallest increase in the rate since the outbreak of the infectious disease on February 21.
Of all the infections nationwide, 7,024 recovered on Sunday, compared to 6,072 the previous day.
Cases in intensive care amounted to 3009, compared to 2,857 previously.
The most affected province, Lombardy, remained in a critical situation, with 3456 deaths and 27,206 cases, compared to 3,095 deaths and 25,515 cases previously.



Comments
Post a Comment